Saturday, June 20, 2009

PSTA Open Mens Singles...

The Mens SinglesTourney at PSTA ended this morning and I managed a modest Runners.
Dev was booming as usual and I could barely get into my game. He has a really strong first serve and takes about 3 odd games to perfect the pitch - from there on its more a battle of keeping the returns in and capitalising on the occassional second serves - if you may.



Rajesh (the Head Coach) & Sudarshan (was a trainer at Bhupathi's before he joined our academy) kept urging me to play my shots - but we all get greedy at 40 - Love and ensure its Deuce no sooner.

I've got to do a lot of witch hunting with my game now. And I grabbed the first one - Serve. Look at how I am locking my body at times with my left hand.



The weight is on my left foot and am not able to capitalise on the thrust I should create with my body turning over to the right.

All that apart.. at the end there's no point guessing who got his act right. Congrats Dev! Let's look forward to the Doubles now.



Thanks Babu - for being there all through to cheer during the finals!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats PP. It was good to see Bong on the sports field after such a long time. Dada has faded out from our memory.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home